Monday, October 24, 2011

Again huh?

So since it is a mere 2 weeks away I might as well face up to the fact that my second full marathon is about to happen. 26.2 miles of my life will be pounded out on the streets of Raleigh. I know this will be very different than the "diverse streets of Baltimore." Which looking back I probably should have not let Kelley leave me since it was pretty sketchy.

My running adventures started when I thought after H I needed to lose baby fat. Nobody advised me to start with a 10k and Kelley was so amped to do it with me. Soon my new addiction was running. I do like the way it feels but I will also admit I hate it. Mostly, in this phase of training. After my 20 mile long run is complete I flake out. I want to quit. I mean who else do I talk to on a regular basis can do that?

Well, no time to lose. I am locking up the junk food and putting my diet into race mode. Healthy carbs, and cut back sugar (B's birthday is this weekend and it is rude of me to deny cake). This is also why I am writing this AFTER my handful of chocolate chips.

Hopefully my new shoes will be here soon, I know I know I am breaking them in a little too close to the race, but November kind of snuck up on me.

So here is to you marathon, lets journey back to my first race... Full of tears, thinking I was pregnant, running out of food on course, oh and my favorite, my mom not letting me nap so she could watch TV.







No comments:

Post a Comment