Friday, July 1, 2011

Mathletes

"It's Math night!!!"

If anyone has known me for any length of time they know that math is.not.my.thing. I'm talking so not my thing that one time a friend came over to help me make my "Approved Exam Cheat Sheet." We are talking my dad would read my math books to be able to help me with my math homework, because I'm just that bad. In my former-life job (pre babies) I once did my math so wrong the excel budget I created vanished. (This hence caused later panic attacks all the following years at budget time) FOR REALS.

Now, I ask, if I am so bad at math, why do I all of a sudden find myself doing math all.the.time. Again, FOR REALS. I work with accountants. Math Pros. At the conference I just went to I was asked over and over if I was a CPA. Now, in my most professional way I said, "Ha, I don't do math." I find myself doing math in excel by creating formulas, talking money and dealings with payments of people, breaking down costs per hour then dividing it up amongst weeks. Even teaching math to my son. This is insane.

The other day I was given my new math assignment, the person handing over the reins stated, "I know it's a lot, but it's kind of fun. I love math." Once again as professionally as I could muster I said, "That's disgusting."

No comments:

Post a Comment