Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Old age...


I know that I am truly an adult. I find myself "googling" all sorts of things I never thought I'd care to know about. Case in point, this eve as I wait for H to go to sleep so I can watch Harry Potter, I'm reading about kitchen sinks.

Yep. I like em! A couple years back my aunt had her kitchen redone to be her dream kitchen. This was the time I had my condo, and I had dreams about my dream kitchen and dream house, so living through her wallet was tons of fun. Two things about her kitchen I love the most. (Ok we that really cool tall skinny drawer for cookie sheets is cool too.) The first thing is she had a whole wall be built in cabinets with glass doors. It has recessed lighting and displays my grandmothers glassware. I WANT IT. It made me look at grandma's glass and not think, "oh that's for old ladies." It made me think, "I want glass that's 80 years old." Secondly was her sink. Now it isn't an apron sink (which I want) but it is the single basin. I hate double sinks. Whenever I see someone with a single basin, (my cousin went and got one too) I actually want to stand at their sink and do dishes. I mean you can fit a whole pot in there.

Oh and instead of granite, which is nice, I would redo all my counter tops as butcher block. I have one on my island I have now, but I'd lacquer up the other... oh a girl can dream. Why you ask is the sudden redecorating? Well next week we are getting the house painted, so, out with the yellow undertones, and in with the gray. I was very close to having the hole filled in, but Adam seems to like it. Boo. Also, we are in the process of spray painting the door knobs.

What can I saw happy 30th birthday shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment