Tuesday, December 27, 2011

5 years is wood.

This morning Adam and I went over some of our favorite moments during the 5 years we have been married. It was actually really fun. I think often, we get stuck in the rut or raising kids, chores, work & school. When we glanced over them, we found ourselves quoting moments that in the moment had us dying of laughter. Adam's quote was, “We do have fun together.” Which, side-note, makes me think “does he normally not have fun with me?... Loser.”

Adam's favorite moments were pretty sentimental in my mind; him being one to not show too much emotion, and when he does it’s because I’m pulling it out of him. Want me to recap?
Adam’s moments:
Finding and buying our house. Funny Situation: I was “under the weather” that day after a surprise engagement party for another couple. I had warned Adam I found the condo in that condition and I was feeling pretty positive we’d pick our house that day. I puked in a house we looked at and in the Sonic parking lot. Adam was mad because the realtor was not going to take us to this one last home Adam had previously scanned. With the windows down he yelled in the car, “where’s my ranch.” Judy- 2 seconds later walked up and said, “oh I forgot the one story, let’s go.” Hence our new home was found.
As he put it, “The Birth of our Children.” Funny Situation: well we get a new bout of laughter from them daily.

Shannon’s favoritest moment:
Trip to Charleston. Funny Situation: I LOVE that place first of all. Adam and I decided toward the end of our trip we wanted to stay an extra day, we didn’t have children so that was not an issue. The issue was having to switch hotels and finding a beach. Well we loaded the car and went exploring for one. We had to change into our suits in the back of the Xterra, which by the way was parked in front of someone’s home. So we get to the beach and realize we have no beach towels, and since I am determined, we lay on our clothes, the wind picks up and angry Adam yells, “WE ARE SO POOR.” Ok, you had to be there, it was the best. I may have peed my pants.

Anyway. Those were the days. Here is to you Adam and another 5 years. Or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment