Wednesday, December 28, 2011

“You smell like Craigslist.”

Things in my mind are getting out of hand. The down time at work is getting the better of me. Pintrest has offically ruined my life, and my budget just won’t allow for any more projects.
The deal is this: I want to save money. A lot of it. I think that pinning and to do lists, making cleaning products, and reorganizing my home (which I have to admit is OCD clean), will bring in the dollars. As I go through a room, I determine Goodwill/Craigslist/trash. I cannot help it.



Craigslist, is my go to. I know I should be scared... ok I am I only let Adam do the posting or selling. But I have no time for a yard sale! All the tagging is just too time consuming, not to mention standing outside all day bores me. So I get back to it.



But here is my biggest Craigslist dilemma. When I read a blog, it tells me, “Oh like my new table I sanded, painted, re-sanded, and lacquered? It's from Craigslist for 1 dollar.” Answer me this Blog Mom, what city are you in? Where did you learn those bargaining tools? When on earth did you have time to fix that table to look like Pottery Barn when I have seen your 3 children who are clean and cute?



via http://knockoffdecor.com/refinished-mahogany-farmhouse-table/




Since diving into this blog and DIY world, I decided to check out the goodwill, and guess what - the woman in there looking at pants gave me the dirtiest look I may have ever gotten. So me and my kids high tailed it out of there. I just can’t win, and somehow doing these projects or looking at them seem to be costing me more money. Who just own’s this stuff around their house? And why? Why do you randomly own candle wicks. Ok, I now own them.




See I cannot win.

No comments:

Post a Comment